Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I contact GENEWIZ for a technical consultation about my project?
GENEWIZ's NGS Team is composed of Ph.D. scientists who can help you optimize your project design and provide consultation to answer any questions. For any form questions that require support, the NGS Team can be contacted directly at [email protected], toll-free at 877-436-3949 ext. 1, or directly at +1-908-222-0711 ext. 1.
2. What is exome sequencing?
Exome sequencing is the targeted enrichment and subsequent sequencing of the whole exome. Exome sequencing is potentially the most powerful tool available to the research community for the identification of genetic variations associated with a phenotype, such as a disease.
3. What is the advantage of exome sequencing compared to whole genome sequencing?
Whole genome sequencing requires an extremely high amount of sequencing throughput to generate even a moderate depth of coverage. The data generated, while comprehensive, will not allow detection of mutations with as much sensitivity as a targeted approach. Paired with current sequencing technologies, exome sequencing is the most cost-effective and efficient solution.
A large portion of relevant mutations
1. Maintain the same depth of coverage and multiplex more samples into the same lane, significantly decreasing total project cost;
2. Increase the depth of coverage to facilitate the detection of rare, low-frequency mutations;
3. Any combination of 1 and 2.
We provide raw data as FASTQ files for all projects. We also have advanced bioinformatics capabilities to provide optional data analysis services, including:
5. Why choose GENEWIZ for exome sequencing projects?
We have proven our steadfast commitment to superior service throughout the years, becoming established as a global leader in DNA sequencing and genomics. Further, we have extensive experience and expertise in next generation sequencing techniques, including exome sequencing. An expert Project Manager can assist you in determining specifications for optimizing your project.
6. Can GENEWIZ recommend the best data delivery option?
Yes, GENEWIZ will recommend the best data delivery option based on the platform and project details. Data delivery options include: