1. How do you perform Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing?
We offer Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing (WGBS) on the Illumina® platform with 2x150 bp configuration.
2. What are the differences between the WGBS Service Packages?
The packages differ in price and turnaround time:
- Value is the most economical: ~10% less in cost and ~2 weeks longer than Preferred
- Preferred offers a balance of speed and cost, leveraging our optimized processes for industry-leading turnaround time at an affordable price
- Express is the fastest: ~1 week faster and ~20% more in cost than Preferred
Furthermore, Preferred and Express options include guaranteed turnaround time and dedicated project managers. The package type can be revised after receiving your initial quote. For more information, visit our selection guide.
Note: Service packages are not available for all services, projects, or institutions.
3. Which types of modifications can be detected?
Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing detects 5-methylcytosine (5mC) residues.
4. Do templates require bisulfite conversion?
No. For Illumina-based WGBS, we accept either bisulfite-treated or untreated DNA.
5. What depth of coverage is recommended?
For WGBS, 30X coverage is recommended for human and large eukaryotic genomes and 100X for genomes <100 Mb.
6. What data analysis is available for Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing?
Our standard WGBS analysis includes methylation site identification, differential methylation analysis, and percent bisulfite conversion on CpG sites.
7. How do I contact GENEWIZ for a technical consultation about my project?
GENEWIZ's NGS Team is composed of Ph.D. scientists who can help you optimize your project design and provide consultation. Contact the team via email at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-877-GENEWIZ (436-3949), ext. 1.
8. Can you recommend the best data delivery option?
Yes, we can recommend the best data delivery option based on the platform and project details. Options include:
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP
- Customer cloud account
- Hard drive (additional charges may apply)
9. How will my data be delivered?
If your results are being shipped to you via hard drive, you can track its shipment using the tracking number provided to you in the delivery email sent from GENEWIZ.
If your results are being delivered via another data delivery method, such as AWS S3, Aspera, or other cloud-based methods, please refer to the delivery email sent from GENEWIZ for detailed information on the transfer, and consult with your IT department to ensure compliance with your institution’s policies.
If your results are being sent via a secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP), please refer to GENEWIZ’s sFTP Data Download Guide for instructions on how to download your data and troubleshooting tips.
10. How should I prepare and send my samples?
View our Sample Submission Guidelines for instructions on preparing and sending your samples. In the interactive tool, select Epigenomics > Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing and then your sample type. Ship samples directly to our facility. Use the shipping address listed on the order receipt.
11. What happens if my samples do not meet your starting material requirements?
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-877-GENEWIZ (436-3949), ext. 1.Back to Top
Order & Processing
12. How long do you hold samples?
We hold samples for 1 year after project completion. Please contact us if you would like samples retained for a longer period of time or shipped back to you.